Monday, November 17, 2008

RENAISSANCE FAIR


Friday night I attended the Renaissance Fair and Fundraiser at the Eagles Aerie School in Gilbert, AZ.


I hung out with Mrs Abney (Stephanie) the 2nd grade teacher and a friend of mine, and her husband Jim.



There were food booths, I had a hot dog on a stick that was absolutely delicious. I don't know if the teacher that was in charge of did something special, or if it really is true that everything tastes better served on a stick.


There were also games

The cake walk was fun and everyone that put in a ticket won, even if they had to keep trying over and over. One little girl asked if you really had to walk on cake. After I explained what she would have to do, she still didn't want to do it.

There were mule rides and a boy drawn cart, as well as other food, like caramel apples, and ice cream.

The big event was a silent auction. Mrs Abney had a tables with donated items. Some of the items included autographed books, Native American Flutes, Neck Ties, an AZ Rattlers gift basket, and a homemade pumpkin cheesecake.


Part of the second grade auction table.

The bidding was low and a little disappointing on all of the items for all of the auction items for all of the class rooms that had items listed.

Stephanie demonstrating the tone of the Native American Flutes


Mr Peak (the Director) and Mrs Nightengale ( the Kindergarten teacher) in a bidding war over one of the flutes.


Money earned Friday night will be used in the classroom that earned it for supplies they need for the rest of the year.

3 comments:

Becky said...

sounds like a really fun time. cake walks are my favorite!!! :)

ChefTom said...

What did that expertly created Pumpkin Cheesecake go for? I tried to convince Kath to donate a check and keep the cake, she wouldn't go for it.

Unknown said...

The cheese cake bid slip disappeared after the auction ended, so Stephanie was still looking for it when I paid for my cookies and left. Check with her next time you pick Hunter up, I'm sure she will be able to tell you what it went for. I'm guessing not nearly what it was worth.