Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SIMPLE TREATS

When I was growing up, Mom used to bake lots of treats, cookies, cakes, pies, bread, etc. They were always really good, but the treats she made with the leftovers were even better.
One of my favorites was made from leftover pie crust rolled out, put on a cookie sheet and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. We called it Cookie Pie.
Another treat I always liked was Fried Bread, with melted butter and homemade Strawberry Jam (the kind with great big chunks of Strawberry in it).
I made it my goal to be able to get raw cookie dough whenever I was home on cookie baking day. Mom told me if I ate raw cookie dough it would give me worms. I didn't care, it was still a favorite treat (Still is).
A favorite that has carried through the years are what my Niece Rachel named Grandma's Special Cookies. They are made from graham crackers and leftover frosting.
I made some Saturday for Hunter & Jordyn while they were visiting their Dad. The adults liked them as much as they kids did.

No comments: