Sunday, November 14, 2010

COCKEYED CAKE

I love chocolate, the majority of the family does. I also like recipes that are extremely easy. In this cake I found both.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix:
1 1/2 C flour
3 TBSP cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBSP vegetable oil
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar(if you don't have any regular vinegar is fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 c cold water
Dump all of the ingredients into a 8x8 or 9x9 ungreased pan.
Mix well with a fork.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool completely.
Frost.
I doubled the recipe to make an enlarged Cockeyed Cake.
I used to make this cake when I lived at home, but forgot all about it, until I bought this cook book by Annette Lyon.
Chocolate Lovers, this book is wonderful. I highly recommend it, and I look forward to trying more yummy chocolate treats.

No comments: