Thursday, January 8, 2009

GOALS VS NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

A Goal is defined as the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous.
Its a subtle difference.
I have found over the years my New Years Resolutions always go undone & ignored.
Short term goals ( like finishing the Afghan I started right after Christmas in the next 2 weeks) throughout the year work well, with maybe 1 big goal, like earning enough extra money to go to a family reunion (in St George,UT this year).
On New Years Eve some of us retreated to the relative quiet of the living room at Aunt Karen's. We played a game where we each said one thing we had accomplished in 2008 and chose 1 goal for 2009.
My goal (from the game) for 2009 is to work on breaking down the brick wall that our Donohoo ancestors are hiding behind. I haven't started working on it yet, but I've been thinking about the best way to start, and how to best make use of Facebook and other electronic means.

3 comments:

Hemi426 said...

Using facebook to find relatives? Hey, that's a good idea -- others are doing it everyday...wish you well.

Sharibugs said...

It was fun voicing our new year's resolutions that night...I think it made me more determined to be successful. I hope you are to. Got to find a Donohoo somewhere out there!

Unknown said...

I had a sister tell me yesterday, that after writing unsuccessfully to a visiting teaching assignment for almost THREE years with no luck, (the letters weren't returned, nor were phone calls or knocks on doors) she tried facebook. VOILA! It's good for finding lots of people, I guess! (Although up to now, you won't find ME there...)