Sunday, August 15, 2010

VACATION DAYS 4&5 SUNDAY & THE TRIP HOME

Sunday afternoon I went to church at the Ridgedale Ward, which was the Ward I attended for the last 10 years I lived in Salt Lake. It Was good to see old friends and i missed the friends that weren't there. I am usually in the Nursery, so going to adult classes was a different experience. It reminded me why I like the Nursery so much.
After church I went up to Uncle David & Aunt Dolores' house for dinner and games.
Monday was going home day. I have to admit, I was dreading the drive home, I usually do because it means vacation is over, and it is a LONG drive. This year Lori & I were bringing Danny home for a visit. It has been a long time since I have traveled with a small child for a long distance.
We started the day with the challenge of how to fit his wheelchair in with all of the other luggage we had.

Danny was a great traveler. There were toys and books that he could get to easily, and of course, trucks, trains, cows and horses to look at, and a Primary CD to sing along to.
We also learned that Cows don't say MOO, they say "Take my milk and cut me into steaks"
We stopped at a small park in Panguitch to play.



After the park it was time to set up the laptop for a movie- Cars was the 1st choice.
Our next stop was for lunch at a McDonald's in Page, AZ.
They had a play land that was perfect for Danny, so we gave him a long time to play and burn some energy.



After Page we made 1 more stop and played Finding Nemo on the Laptop.
Danny didn't nap at all, but was a happy traveler. Occasionally if he didn't feel like we were paying enough attention to him, we would hear a disgruntled "FINE" from the backseat.
The trip took about 16 hours and we were all exhausted, but it was worth it, to see Danny back with his Daddy.

No comments: