Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Counting the Cost" Publication Party

Friday Night I had the privilege of attending the publication party at the Rockin R Ranch in Mesa, AZ.

For Liz Adair's

new book


"Set in Depression-era New Mexico, Counting the Cost is about a working cowboy and the socialite from back east who comes west and pulls his inner moral compass a few degrees off kilter. It’s a story of two people dealing with choices and consequences during hard times in a hard land, and only when tragedy strikes do they realize the price of redemption." From Liz Adair's Blog.

Liz Adair was a very gracious lady. With each book she signed she interviewed the person for whom she was signing to get to know a little about them. I was privileged to get a copy signed, I am looking forward to reading it soon.

It was a fun night, put together by Cecily Markland owner of Inglestone Publishing.


There were great refreshments by the authors of The Fat Sister's Cookbook

Cory Carpenter author of "Last Man Standing" made a special guest appearance.

Musical entertainment was provided by Debbie Coon and her friends



All in all it was a fun evening with food, prize drawings, entertainment and good friends both old and new.

"Counting the Cost" is available at http://www.inglestonepublishing.com/

More pictures are available on http://www.neighborhoodandfriends.com/


2 comments:

Liz Adair said...

Mary,
How delightful to find my publication party featured on your blog! Thanks for being such a great friend in real life after being a cyber friend.

I'm intrigued with your ties. I'll come back when I've got time to look around more.

Cecily Markland said...

Mary! I love this post about the Counting the Cost party. Great job! Thank you!
I want one of your ties for my grandson's birthday next week.