Monday, October 19, 2009

DAY 1 THE DRIVE TO UTAH

I left home about 5 AM Thursday to head to Hurricane, Ut for a family reunion.
The trip is fairly routine, same stops & the same scenery every time.


The only rest area on the road, just before Wickenburg, AZ


Joshua Tree  National Forest



Taken from the as station in Wikiup,AZ. When I first started making this drive from SLC to Phoenix in the 80s there was nothing here and after dark the ony evidence that there was a town was the drop in the speed limit.
Kingman is the next stop, There is a nice truck stop there, on the road to Las Vegas. I didn't take a picture.

After crossing Hoover Dam this is the 1st stop. I usually stop and waste a few quarters.

They have the best food. My favorite is the 1/2 ham steak, with eggs, hashrowns & toast. It tastes good any time of the day.
From there it is less than 75 miles to Hurricane.

No comments: